Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Poem For You

Aside from journaling, another way I enjoy expressing myself is through poetry. 
I've always loved how simply and lovely feelings can be expressed through poems. 
How words so very simple can touch my heart so deeply. 

Ever since I can remember my mom would read my siblings and I different poems and have us memorize them. Years later many of those poems are still stuck in my mind. Many of my favorites coming from Robert Frost Emily Dickinson. 

As much as I enjoy reading poetry, I always enjoy writing my own share of it. But for the most part, I don't share then with anyone.
Earlier tonight I was flipping through my journal from 2013 and I found a poem I had written and I have decided to share it with you peoples. :) 
I had posted this previously on my Facebook so those of you that are friends with me just might recognize it. 

 ••••••I Love You••••••

"How can you love a sinner like me? 
When I'm no where close to who I should be

I can't even count the mistakes I've made
But through it all Your grace is the same

When I'm hurting, crying, and feeling my worst 
You fix my broken pieces and hold me in my hurt

Nothing you do for me I could ever deserve
You still chase after me 
Even though you hold the whole earth 

Again and again and again I fail
But you never give up on me

Over and and over I fall 
But you never stop lifting me

You hold my hand when I deserve to be alone
You take me in your arms when I deserve no home

You whisper to me "I love you" 
Even when I've disappointed you 
You whisper to me "I forgive you" 
When that's the last thing I deserve from You

I deserve death, I deserve pain, I deserve darkness, I deserve rain.
But you took it all for me, just so I wouldn't 
The highest of highs took the place of a servant 

You died in darkness that wasn't Your own
You raised up in light, so we could all go home

You'll whisper "I love you" until I die
and I'll never stop asking myself why
There's no reason for you to love me
But somehow 
You
still
do

When I'm nothing but a mess, the One who holds me is You.
The one thing that keeps me going, is the voice I always hear
Your grace is always showing
Starting softly in my ear 

When you whisper "I love you"

I can't even count the mistakes I've made
But through it all Your grace is the same.

Again and again and again I fail 
But you never give up on me

Over and and over and over I fall 
But you never stop lifting me 

I will never understand why you still whisper "I love you" to a sinner like me
Even when I'm 
no
where
near 
who I should be. "












No comments:

Post a Comment