Thursday, October 16, 2014

Carlie

Before I go on posting about my life and all my thoughts, I guess you better know a little more about me.
Maybe you already know me, and maybe you don't. But either way, here's some details that help make up who I am. 

I have typed and back spaced this paragraph at least 15 times. Describing myself is not an easy task. 
A lot of who I am, comes from what I'm not. So I'll start with that.

I am not normal 

I am not the prettiest 

I am not the smartest 

I am not the most popular

I am not the most talented 

I am not perfect

But by the grace of God, I am what I am. (1 Corinthians 15:10)

So, what am I exactly? Well, that's a tough one to answer but I'll try my best. 

I am forgiven. 

I am a forgiven sinner. I still make mistakes (all the time, I might add).
But I do my very best to focus on Him and His calling for my life. To use who He's made me to bring Him glory.

I am made new. 

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here."

I am no longer apart of this world. I am living in the world, but I am no longer apart of it.
Which is why I no longer live for the things I wrote above, but for Him. A greater purpose. He is my only reason to live, so what's my life if it's not for Him? 

I am awkward.

Oh, and I'm homeschooled. (Who woulda' thought right?) ;)
But no, I'm not an awkward homeschooler who never leaves my house and only has my brothers and sister as friends. 
I am very social and I absolutely love meeting new people. 
My all time favorite thing to do is make people laugh. Which is where the awkwardness comes in handy. 
I love being crazy and doing ridiculous things to make the people around me laugh.
Sometimes it's planned and sometimes the whole ridiculous thing just sorta comes naturally. (Thank goodness I don't get embarrassed easily..)


I am confusing.

16 years and I still don't understand myself. 
Usually I'm pretty outspoken. If you want to know what I'm thinking, I'll tell ya. (Even if you don't want to know, I'll still tell you) 
But when it comes to my feelings, my deep down thoughts, and the tiny little things that nag at me while I'm trying to fall asleep at night; it's nearly impossible for me to express them. Very few people have truly heard what the inside of my mind is like. I'm slowly learning to be more open. My feelings, my pain, my deepest thoughts, down to the tiny little things that nag at me. They are all apart of who I am, and in order for people to truly know me, I need to share those things too.  

I am different. 

I don't really have much of an explanation for this one. I'm just... different. 
Not by any means better than anyone else. No, not even close. But I take pride in knowing I am different. In my actions, my words, my life. 



 Also, a lot of who I am is what I do. 

As I've mentioned before, I LOVE writing. I've kept a daily journal consistently for quite a few years now. At the end of the day (or anytime really) I love sitting down snuggling up with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders, with my bible and my journal. 

Although I love sitting down writing, I can't sit still for very long. I also love being active. 
I've done gymnastics, soccer, basketball, and soon to be basketball again over the years. I haven't really dedicated myself to one sport in particular. But when I have played, I highly enjoy it. 

I mentioned above that I love making people laugh. Which is one of the main reasons I love acting. I haven't been able to do as much as I'd like to. (Time consuming) But I've had the opportunity to do quite a bit here and there.

Aside from acting on stage, I really just enjoy acting to my friends. 
I have countless memories of staying up till the early hours of the morning with friends while they sit on my bed and I act out ridiculous musical songs and impersonations. (and when I say ridiculous, I mean ridiculous)
Really wherever I am entertaining the people around me just makes me happy

I haven't ever taken photography classes or owned a more than $100 camera. (Other than my iPhone, if that even counts?) 
But photography has also been something I've enjoyed ever since I knew how to take a picture. Below is one of my most favorite pictures I've taken. Not the best, but still my favorite. Dandelions are my favorite. (: 





Even though I prefer to be out with lots of people doing fun and exciting things, I also treasure the moments of just peacefully sitting back with my family and/or friends. Talking and laughing together and simply enjoying one another's company. 

In the end, I'm just Carlie.


I am simply me. 
An awkward, different, crazy, loud mess of a girl. 
Sometimes I'm too loud and too obnoxious. 
Sometimes I talk too much or get worked up over something stupid.
I make mistakes and I learn from them. I'm just figuring myself out through Him in this broken world we live in. 
Everything I am is who He made me to be and I will try to use every bit as I can for His glory as long as I live. 


No comments:

Post a Comment