Friday, January 15, 2016

Moments |

Moments have always meant a lot to me. I think that's the reason I love pictures so much. When I take pictures capturing sights and people that make me happy, I can keep that moment forever. Years down the road I can look at an old picture and remember the happiness captured through the picture and feel that same happiness again.
It might sound kind of the cheesy but it's true. Little moments of happiness and beauty mean a lot to me. 

It's so normal to live for the big things in life. But when you think about what makes your heart the happiest, it's probably not the things you have: your money, your success, etc. 

It just feels like we forget the importance of our relationships and interactions with people. Life is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful but how often do we stop to realize that? 

My wallpaper currently is also my most favorite quote ever: 



I love that. If you were to ask me what makes me the happiest, my answers would be similar to what I wrote about in one of my first few posts: 

I love the colors in sunrises and sunsets. I love dandelions in the Summer. I love looking at the lovely night sky. I love road trips. I love singing lyrics at the top of my lungs with my friends. I love when my boyfriend randomly hugs me or holds my hand a little tighter than usual. I love laughing. I love family traditions.
All these things sound so small and stupid, but they're the tiny moments, places, and people that make life lovely. But a lot of times we're too busy to stop and recognize these things. 

Another one of my ALL TIME favorite quotes is:

I think we just get too caught up in our own business way too easily (@ myself!) 
But life is actually pretty lovely and beautiful and so are people and I think we should all spend more time simply enjoying it. 

I don't want to look back one day, and only remember pointless things that won't matter. No matter how big they may seem now. I want to look back and remember the beauty and smiles in life. I want to remember the things that are actually important. Not what only seems important at the moment. 

Another one of my resolutions for 2016 is to "live for right now" 
Not in the stupid, "you only live once" type of way. But in the smart "you only live once way" 
(It makes sense if you don't think about it) 

What I mean by that is simply that I don't want to look back and regret. We were made to seek Him and to live fearlessly FOR him. Seeking Him and seeking out the beauty He's created. 
I want to seek Him and live fearlessly FOR Him, instead of seeking and living for myself. Where's that going to get me anyways?

He has made this life breathtakingly beautiful. He's blessed us with lovely people and lovely places. Even though there's darkness all around, there's also a lot of beauty and light. (The light shines even in the darkness and the darkness can not overcome it!! See John 1:5) 

I think we just have to open our eyes and hearts and choose to see it. 

What moments did you let pass you by today? Don't make the same mistake tomorrow.

A few lovely moments from last couple of weeks:
Morning Jesus + chocolate milk (not much of a coffee person) 

Lovely sunrise while doing a parking lot check at work in the FREEZING COLD but it was worth it.

DANDELION MY FAV!

Super cool sunset.

ALSO follow my instagram: @keepchoosingjoy or click the link below or to the right to like my Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/keepchoosingjoy/?fref=ts









No comments:

Post a Comment