Friday, January 1, 2016

Living Victoriously || Overcomers

Living victoriously. This is a really random topic that just popped in my head the other day on my way home from work. (Love when that happens!)
But I've been thinking on it for a couple days and decided to try to put these thoughts into words.

One of the notes I wrote down for this post was "Fighting through life" 
I've been thinking about our fight as Christians. We are fighting through life; fighting for the good we believe in. But I feel like we forget really easily that our fight has already been won.

It's easy to get discouraged at all the darkness in the world that seems to be rapidly taking over the world. But John 1:5 says "The light shines in the darkness and the darkness cannot overcome it."
The darkness can't win. We've already won through Christ. 

So why aren't we living victoriously like a winner would? I don't mean being full of pride and a "I'm better than you" attitude. But an attitude of courage and boldness. We have won. Now it's our job to bring that light into the darkness in the world. 

It just.. really bothers me how comfortable we get. We play church and live mediocre lives and call it "walking the walk"
But we are called for so much more. We shouldn't be content just getting by. We should be living courageously and actually DOING SOMETHING to further His Kingdom and share His love.

I feel like our mediocre should bother us a whole lot more than it does. It really bothers me. But when I'm thinking about it, I think "Well. What are you doing about it then Carlie?"

John 16:33 says "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." 

He didn't say "For I WILL overcome the world." No, he said "For I HAVE overcome the world."

Already done. He overcame, which means WE are overcomers. We've won. So we should live like it, don't ya' think? 

Since a new year is here, I think a good New Year's resolution would be to "Live victoriously" Pray for strength and courage to really live as an overcomer through Christ.

We've already won the war, we're just not done fighting it. Let's live like it.



Also, also, also: Like my facebook page to the right! Or follow my instagram: @keepchoosingjoy
Happy New Year, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment