Saturday, October 24, 2015

A New Perspective | Through the Eyes of Jesus

This is a topic that has hit me hard lately that I'd like to share. As Christians we are called to be set apart from the world. We are called to love like Jesus; extending the grace and mercy that was offered to us to others. 
I've been taught this since I was little. But day after day I continue to view others through the eyes of the world. Passing judgement, looking down on others, excluding people, and frankly, sometimes just being rude when instead I should be viewing every individual as a child of God. 
Lately I've been learning to see others through the eyes of Jesus. 

The last two weeks or so I've been praying for him to give me a whole new perspective of other people; to help me to see others through His eyes. With grace, mercy, kindness, and unconditional love. 

I get in such a routine sometimes in dealing with other people that I forget just how unique and special every person is. 
God created every single one of us with our own story. 

Okay stop for a second.. Isn't that actually really cool? Of all the people in this world every one of our stories is special to Him. 
So I shouldn't brush people off the way I often do. Instead, I should take time in my dealings with other people. I should take time to know them. Time to learn their story. Viewing them through the eyes of Jesus. Viewing them as an individual that is loved and cherished by God regardless of how they are viewed by the world. 
Instead of catching a quick glance at someone and then deciding how I'm going to treat them. I should extend the same attitude to everyone because that's who I should decide to be. Regardless of who they decide to be. 

In just the past two weeks that I've been praying about this, I've already seen God working on my heart. 
I enjoy my work days a little bit more now. I'm hesitant to say it but I actually.. Enjoy working. I enjoy seeing all the many, many special individuals that cross my path on a daily basis. 

He's helping me to remember that every interaction with another person is a chance to be His light in this world of darkness. 

So maybe when that one customer has nothing nice to say and all I want to do is roll my eyes and get their order over with, I could stop and look past their attitude towards me. I should choose to smile, maybe ask how their day was. I should look through the eyes of Jesus. 

God doesn't look at me through the eyes of the world. He looks at me through eyes of love. He chooses to see my story.

So who am I to turn around and not extend that to other people? 

We are called to be a light to the world. But to be the light to the world, we need to start by seeing the light in every individual.

Anywho, just some thoughts that have been rolling around in my head lately. Ask yourself, are you viewing others through the eyes of the world? Or through the eyes of Jesus? 

I encourage you to pray the same prayer that I've been praying. Ask Him to help you always see others through the eyes of Jesus. Always extending grace, mercy, kindness, and unconditional love. Because that's what has been extended to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment