Sunday, April 19, 2015

Joy in Confusion

I'm sorry to say I have decided not to do the 365 challenge anymore. So I hope you enjoyed the first two weeks. (Sorry, sorry) 
Life is so very busy these days, it's hard to keep up with the photo challenge posts and also have regular posts as well. 

Since I haven't done an actual blog post in a while, I think I will tonight. I've been wanting to write about "joy in confusion" for a while, but I have been thinking of the right words to say. 

No matter who you are, I know you've had experience with confusion. Whether it be in something minor, or maybe huge life changing situations. 

Sometimes life throws things at us we just don't understand. We try our hardest to understand, and we make ourselves sick trying to grasp things that I think, maybe, we just aren't supposed to grasp. Maybe never, and maybe just not right now. 
So I want to talk about where to find the joy in that confusion. Or, where I find the joy in my own confusion. 

One thing I'm learning right now, is to live life one day at a time. 

Last night at youth, one of our youth leaders was talking about stress and worrying, and he talked about the verse from Matthew (6:34 if you want to look it up) 

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." 

I know He will give me the strength to endure each and every day as it comes. I don't need to worry about tomorrow because my God is already there, and He will grant me the strength for it when it arrives. 

•Already There• (Casting Crowns) 

"From where I'm standing
Lord it's so hard for me to see
Where this is going
And where You're leading me
I wish I knew how
All my fears and all my questions
Are gonna play out
In a world I can't control

When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there" 

"The hands that bled for me, are the hands that cradle the stars."

Those same hands are holding me, my future, and holding my hand through my every phase of life. 

Yes, there are some things that I don't understand. (a lot of things if we're being real here) 
Sometimes confusion can hurt, it can be scary, and it can really start to weigh you down. 
But it can also strengthen you, and lead you closer to the One who holds you. For when we don't understand, we need someone who does. And we serve an all knowing, all powerful God who is able to do IMMEASURABLY more than all we could ever ask or imagine. (Ephesians 3:23)  

I find joy and beauty in the mystery He is unfolding little by little right in front of me. 
When I am scared, I only need to readjust and remember, I am not in control. I don't need to know. 
For when I don't understand, I only have more reason to cling even tighter to my Jesus. To allow Him to teach me, to guide me, and to hold me through out my every move.

He reminds me to be still and know that He is God. (Psalm 46:10) 

I will be still, and I will trust Him. Even when I don't understand. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment